Domestic Violence Helplines & Textlines List
By Draco Malfoy,
Rate this article:
Domestic violence helplines/hotlines, text lines, e-mail, forum, and chat support list.
- australiaDomestic Violence Crisis Service (Australia)
- 24-hour crisis line.
- helplineaustralia 6280 0900
6228 1852 (TTY)
- victoria (australia)Women's Domestic Violence Crisis Service
- State-wide helpline for women and children experiencing violence and abuse from a partner, an ex-partner, another family member, or someone close to them.
- helplinevictoria (australia)24/71800 015 188 (toll-free)
03 9322 3555
- e-mailvictoria (australia)email@example.com
- australiaAustralian Childhood Foundation
- Counselling for children and young people affected by abuse.
- helplineaustralia 1800 176 453
- western australia (australia)Women's Domestic Violence Helpline
- The Women’s Domestic Violence Helpline is a state wide 24 hour service. This service provides support and counselling for women experiencing family and domestic violence. This includes phone counselling, information and advice, referral to local advocacy and support services, liaison with police if necessary and support in escaping situations of family and domestic violence. The service can refer women to safe accommodation if required.
- helplinewestern australia (australia) (08) 9223 1188
1800 007 339 (free call)
- western australia (australia)Men's Domestic Violence Helpline
- The Men’s Domestic Violence Helpline is a state wide 24 hour service. This service provides counselling for men who are concerned about becoming violent or abusive. The service can provide telephone counselling, information and referral to ongoing face to face services if required. Information and support is also available for men who have experienced family and domestic violence.
- helplinewestern australia (australia) (08) 9223 1199
1800 000 599 (free call)
- queensland (australia)DV Connect Womensline
- DVConnect Womensline is the only state wide telephone service offering support to women who are experiencing domestic or family violence 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
- helplinequeensland (australia)24/7 1800 811 811
- nsw (australia)DV Line
- The NSW Department of Community Services runs the 24-hour Domestic Violence Line (DV Line). If you are, or think you are, experiencing domestic violence you can call them. Calls to the DV Line can be anonymous - you don’t need to give your or your partner’s name.
- helplinensw (australia)24/7 1800 65 64 63
- canadaYellow Brick House (Shelter for Abused Women and Children) Crisis Line
- 24-hour crisis line to help for women and children.
- helplinecanada 1-800-263-3247 ext. 1
- irelandSafe Ireland
- A list of domestic violence support services in Ireland with numbers and URLs.
- irelandWomen's Aid
- National helpline for women experiencing domestic abuse, 1 to 1 support service and court accompaniment service.
- helplineireland10am-10pm 1800 341 900
- A confidential helpline and support services for male victims of domestic abuse.
- helplineireland 046 9023 718
- ukJewish Women's Aid
- A free-phone national confidential helpline for Jewish women affected by domestic violence.
- helplineuk 0808 801 0500
- ukSouthall Black Sisters
- We provide general and specialist advice on issues such as domestic violence, forced marriage, honour killings and their intersection with immigration and asylum matters, welfare rights, homelessness and poverty.
- helplineuk0208 571 0800
- scotland (uk)Scottish Women's Aid Society Domestic Abuse Helpline
- helplinescotland (uk) 0 800 027 1234
- groupsscotland (uk)find your nearest women's support group
- wales (uk)All Wales Domestic Abuse and Sexual Abuse Helpline
- If you are experiencing domestic abuse or sexual violence, have experienced domestic abuse or sexual violence, or are worried about a friend or relative who is experiencing domestic abuse or sexual violence - then call the All Wales Domestic Abuse & Sexual Violence Helpline for free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- helplinewales (uk) 0808 80 10 800
1800108088010800 (text talk users)
- northern ireland (uk)Respect Phoneline
- The Respect Phoneline is an information and advice line for people who are concerned about their abusive and/or violent behaviour. The vast majority of perpetrators are men in heterosexual relationships, but Respect also take calls from female perpetrators as well as those in same-sex relationships.
- Hours: M, Tu, W & F: 10am-1pm & 2pm-5pm
- helplinenorthern ireland (uk)0845 122 8609
- usaGLBTQ Domestic Violence Project
- We support GLBTQ victims and survivors through our 24-hour domestic violence hotline, emergency safe home, legal services, crisis intervention and safety planning, housing and employment advocacy, sexual assault case management, and ongoing supportive services.
- helplineusa24/7 1-800-832-1901
- usaDomestic Abuse Helpline for Men & Women
- 24-hour hotline operated by staff and trained volunteers to offer information and crisis intervention to victims of domestic violence.
- helplineusa24/7 1-888-7HELPLINE (1-888-743-5754)
- usaCommunity Overcoming Relationship Abuse (CORA)
- 24-hour support line (English & Spanish)
- helplineusa24/7 1-800-300-1080
- usaSafe Horizon
- helplineusa24/7 1-800-621-4673
- new york, new york (usa)The Anti-Violence Project
- AVP encourages you to report violence that you experience or witness to our 24-hour bilingual (English/Spanish) hotline at 212.714.1141 where you can speak with a trained counselor and seek support. Hotline calls are free and confidential.
- helplinenew york, new york (usa)24/71-212-714-1141
- new york (usa)Alternative for Battered Women
- Confidential help for men and women of all ages in Rochester, New York.
- helplinenew york (usa)24/7 1-585-232-7353
- minnesota (usa)The Men's Line
- Call this counseling and referral line for men and others who want to talk with someone about issues of abuse and violence in their lives.
- helplineminnesota (usa)24/7 1-612-379-MENS ( 1-612-379-6367 )
- usa & canadaDomestic Violence Hotline
- A national, toll-free, 24-hour hotline for victims of domestic violence and those who know of someone who is experiencing domestic violence. Provides crisis intervention, information about domestic violence and referrals to local service providers and agencies. Also serves the United States.
- helplineusa & canada24/7 1-800-799-SAFE ( 1-800-799-7233 )
- chatusa & canadachat support