2014/11/25 -- Subscription to Statuses/Users, Galleries, Chat, and Other Changes
By Draco Malfoy,
Rate this news item:
Hello, I’ve been working on the site again in the past week or few after a little much-needed break.
- You can now subscribe to all statuses and/or status comments via the Edit My Notifications link. If you subscribe you will get an e-mail or private message of new statuses and/or status comments (aside from your own). How often it messages you is controlled in Edit My Notifications so you could subscribe to a digest (1 e-mail a day, 1 e-mail a week, every 12h) or individually.
- A number of bugfixes on subscriptions that weren’t apparent when it was just me and a test account. If you subscribed via private message and were getting two this should fix that.
- I’m working towards getting support on fixing the chat box that used to be visible on the site. Will be contacting the company that sold it to me because it doesn’t seem anything I’m doing wrong. Might be a bit because of the upcoming holiday.
- I’m slowly converting the site to display content in a different (and much better) way where you have a number of options to filter or sort in the sidebar instead of just by title or date. For example, you could filter content by how many stars its been given or what year it was posted, and then filter down even further if you choose to do so.
- Galleries have been revamped. The new-old system was too buggy. Now you should be able to bulk upload images, upload via a link to your image, and/or copy & paste an image (this last one only available on certain browsers). I’ve also placed links to My Galleries and to Add Pictures in the pink menu bar.
- Creativity has been revamped. Now clicking the link will instantly show you the latest content plus links for different types of creative work (e.g. poetry). This also has the new filter and/or sort system.