Before, during, after
- Before - I feel very anxious and empty.
- During - I feel anxious but stable, like I have a purpose and this is it.
- After - I’m very guilty and upset. My anxiety sky rockets and it usually leaves me in a panic attack. Tracing my cuts can calm me down, sometimes I have to make a couple more.
- Before - I’m irrationally angry, barely able to see or think in the face of it.
- During - I can breathe a little. The pain radiating through my leg gives me something to focus on other than my anger.
- After - I’m exhausted both emotionally and physically. The marks I left are a comfort to me and I nap sometimes.
Person [female, age 15, began to SI at age 12, high school student]